Saturday, November 13, 2010

I (heart) running... a lot.... a lot a lot :)

In an attempt to keep my fitness level high I have been running 3.1 miles (a 5k) everyday with half mile warm up and cool down walks.
I LOVE it!
I have not realized how much I missed just exercising for the fun of it and pushing myself and training for races and everything that comes with it!

That just looks fun to me! (the running, not the having my picture taken while running, ugh, how awful!)

To celebrate my returned excitement for running, and ensure my continued dedication picked up a pair of new tempo shorts. Go Dawgs! :)



On top of that, I have also focused on scaling back the amount I eat. It has worked out really well. As I scrutinize the amounts of food I am eating, I tend to eat healthier because I know I can eat more apples and baby carrots than kettle chips, which helps me mentally feel more full.

That sounds like such a "duh" plan, but it so much harder than that!

Here is my current running playlist, titled "intense running"
because that's what it is.
crazy intense :P
  1. K'naan feat. David Bisbal - Waving Flag (this song always makes me visualize passing people in a race for some reason, but it is awesome)
  2. Basshunter - All I Ever Wanted
  3. Maino feat. T Pain - All of the Above
  4. Taio Cruz feat Ludacris - Break Your Heart
  5. Shakira - Waka Waka
  6. O.A.R. - Love and Memories
  7. Sean Kingston - Replay
  8. Capital Lights - Mile Away
  9. Enrique Iglesias - Escape (love him, and this song, and him)
  10. B.O.B. feat. Rivers Cuomo - Magic
  11. Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk
  12. Fabolous - My Time
  13. Darude - Sandstorm

I am always looking for new songs to run to though, so if you have any good ones send them my way!

PS - College Prep is having yet another darling giveaway here!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the playlist!! I used to be addicted to running (did a half 3 years ago) but when I had to stop I never got back into it! This post might be the motivator to get me going again...unfortunately it will have to be on a treadmill because I hate running in the cold!

    Can't remember all my old playlists...but one that is kinda funny but was fun to run to was the song "Yes!" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. Always made me laugh when it came on...but sometimes I would even hit repeat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try http://www.inthegym.net for workout music. One of my faves currently is Power (Kanye).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby, you are adorable..Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, for reading and taking the time to leave a comment. I am enjoying reading about your running! You are motivating me to get my butt up and move!
    Blessings Girl...
    Kelli
    ReStore Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with running, too. The only bummer is I can't go now because of the snow and ice on the streets (don't like running in the cold). I always miss it in the winter. For now, it's off to the club!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the playlist! I have a habit of listening to my "new" songs on repeat on the track so adding some new ones to the mix is always in order.

    Come by and enter my giveaway for some beautiful jewelry if you like:
    http://elizabethscake.blogspot.com/2010/11/artwark-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete