Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peace for Today, and Confidence for Tomorrow

Classes start tomorrow.
And honestly, I am kind of surprised at how chill I am today.
Usually I am in an anxious tizzy to get EVERYTHING done, but right now seems like just another day.
Things are happening, God is moving in ways I can't even grasp yet, and I get to contently spend my last day of summer in peace.
Switching loads of laundry, washing pillows, scrubbing the tub, I am getting ready for a crazy semester, but am not living with this dooms day attitude, which is very uncharacteristic of me.
I have been more disciplined about being in the Bible over these past three weeks than I ever have before and it truly is amazing what God will do with faithfulness!
I go into this semester with this verse at the forefront of my mind:

"Be strong and courageous! Don't be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria or his mighty army, for there is a power far greater on our side! He may have a great army, but they are merely men. We have the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles for us!"
Hezekiah's words greatly encouraged the people
2 Chronicles 32:7-8
This life is not my battle to fight, it has already been won.
Who or whatever your "Assyria" is gives you no reason to fear!
Anyways, happy Wednesday and I hope you can begin this next year with the confidence and hope of the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment