Sunday, January 23, 2011

It was a good day... :)

I have a little confession to make. I talk a big game when it comes to garage sales and the like but when it comes down to it, I honestly had never bought anything at a "sale" of that sort until yesterday. Now, I started out small, no huge money saving success stories, but I am proud of myself on my own small scale :)


We added two sets of these Pottery Barn place mats and napkins to our wedding registry a couple of months ago and received a set of six of each for a shower. Unfortunately, I was not impressed; they were very thin, the linen seemed a little impractical for a simple set of everyday place mats, and the napkins were way too big. So, we returned them, and I kept looking for a set of place mats I would like for everyday use.


Well, lo and behold, we stopped at a moving sale on Saturday. There was not much left in the house, but there was a good amount of fabric and old curtains etc. I fell in LOVE with this fabric the moment I saw it! Cotton, with a texture somewhere between a canvas and burlap... an adorable pattern, AND matches our colors and overall look perfectly!


So, needless to say, I plan on making myself a set of everyday placemats and possibly napkins or a runner, if there is enough fabric for both :) AND had a very successful first garage/moving/estate sale purchase :)

Our casual flatware and china: Waterford Carleton Flatware and Wedgewood Nantucket Basket China

75 days and counting! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the colors of the napkins and placemats! Very chic!
    xo

    ReplyDelete