Friday, March 9, 2012

Embracing the Unconventional

Photo credit

Another book I had hoped to get through but ended up skimming is Kim Barnouin's new book Skinny B*tch: Home, Beauty, & Style. In this book she highlights the gross gunk we encounter everyday that goes without our noticing. She gave some super helpful {and applicable} advice on minimizing the effect of toxins in our environment, cosmetics, and even the clothes we wear!


I had heard most of it from my mom here and there already, and honestly don't have the time or dinero to follow much of the advice given where I am now, but something to keep in mind when we are future apartment shopping, eventually start looking for a house of our own, and/or start talking babies {someday}.

It was overwhelming to read about all of the chemicals we encounter in our everyday lives, and if I were to obsess about it, would be able to worry all of the fun out of anything and everything, but it is definitely something to keep in mind when considering home goods purchses {and will definitely be vacuuming more often!}

All of this brings me to the picture above, with the beautiful, natural, lived in kitchen... and then I have to wake myself up and get back to reality. Life is wonderful right now, and I don't want to let myself wish our penny pinching, lovey-dovey low key weekends, or my reckless late night cramming sessions away for an instant!

We are making memories right where the Lord has us, and I wouldn't trade that for any amount of organic cotton sheets or butcher block counter tops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment