Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Chris Tomlin and Banana Bread Kind of Day

There are some days I wake up feeling energized and blessed to be alive, unfortunately today was not one of those wonderful days.

Today has been a yo-yo of emotions, brought on by circumstances of course, and my inability to see past them at initial glance.
However, it started with the most wonderful news of a sweet friend's engagement, which is the result of none other but the Lord's amazing leading and plan.  Despite that wonderful news, and early morning and a long class managed to take the wind out of me, which brought me to Pandora and this beautiful song.


It is amazing that something as simple as a song can re-direct my entire afternoon. 

I am reminded of my moodiness with every change of the weather, and am continuously amazed at the loving support system the Lord has constructed around me, giving me the strength I need to face the challenges and struggles of this world daily.  I am so richly blessed.
On that note, I wanted to do something to brighten DJ's day, and banana bread seemed like a simple way to do that.  This is the first time I am using this recipe, but it turned out deliciously!

Banana Bread
makes 1 loaf and is super easy
{I rarely follow a recipe successfully, so easy to me means you can do things whatever which way you want and it will still taste good! :P}
original recipe

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, sugar, baking powder, and salt
2. Blend all other ingredients together
3. Slowly combine the two mixtures by adding the dry to the wet ingredients
4. Put in a greased 1.5 q loaf pan
5. Bake at 350* until the top is browned and loaf is cooked through



Happy Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment