Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Very Belated Christmas Post

I figured I have the pictures why not share them :)
I had some fun decorating for Christmas this year, kept things simple, but still wanted to share.
We had planned on getting a real tree, but I was real sick after Thanksgiving and was playing catch up until the end of finals, so we avoided the hassle and went artificial for one more year.
Because we were going to be in Atlanta for Christmas, we decided to do presents and our Christmas dinner at home before my sisters came to visit.  Any excuse to use all of our fancy table settings :)  I made my first flank steak, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli and it all actually turned out well, so we were both super excited :)
On a thrifting note:
I picked up those napkin rings while thrifting, (they were absolutely horrendous) spray painted them gold, and they looked awesome with the gold on our china.  Love it!
I made some puppy  chow and decorated some old salsa jars we had accumulated. I love gift giving and making presents pretty, so needless to say, I had a lot of fun. 
I tried making pretzel bark first, but could not get the carmel to work, so "master caramel making" is still on my to do list.
As expected, Peyton was pretty much a permanent ornament next to the tree, due to his love for keeping an eye on the neighborhood.  Cutie pa-toot!
Then my sisters got here, we laughed and talked A LOT and made some killer Gluten Free Meat Loaf!  I will be sure to blog all about it next time we make it :)
On that note, I am off to a wings date with DJ!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment