Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The One With an Award!

AHHHHH!

Life is speeding by and I think I am just about managing to keep up. Work, play, and everything in between!

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time for blogging (reading or writing) lately. I miss having time for idle blog wandering and exploring.

Despite my absence, Mama K, from Mama's Messages gave me a super cool blog award! I have loved reading about her sweet baby and family over the past few months and highly suggest checking out and keeping up with her blog.

Part of this award is to:
1. Tell where you think you will be 10 years from now.
2. Nominate 10 other blogs for the award!

I am a super planner, list maker, and organizer but 10 years from now seems like such a leap to think about! There are so many things up in the air right now, my life could go in so many different directions. Personally, I want to be a wife and mother. I hope to become a doctor of physical therapy. I don't want a flashy fancy life, I want those around me to look at my life and want what I have, but not because of material things.

I want my life to be characterized by a constant state of joy. To me, joy is nowhere near the same thing as happiness. Happiness is determined by surroundings. The joy I am talking about comes from the peace that only the Lord can give. I hope that is what directs my life all of the days I will be given!

Overall, I want to look back after ten years and know I have loved the Lord and others and lived the life I have been given well!

Ten people I KNOW deserve this award are:

lauren nicole love
Southern Institute for Domestic Arts and Crafts
Intentionally Living
The Sweet Sea
Something Exceptional
Simply Beautiful World
Haven and Home
Southern Living: Preppy Style
a pretty cool life
the ivy twines

P.S. I changed my facebook relationship status today. I am super excited. Its "official." :P

7 comments:

  1. Aw thank you so much!!! And congratulations on both your award and your "official" fb status!! :)

    xoxo,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelby,

    I emailed you, but hadn't heard anything from you yet. Just wanted to let you know that you won the apron from my giveaway. Congrats! Email me your address when you get a chance at sweetsouthernprep@gmail.com.

    P.S. Mama's Messages is one of my sisters. When I told her you won the giveaway, she was so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAY blog award!! and congrats on the new relationship. lots of love to you :)

    - lauren xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAW Thanks for the award!!! You are SO Sweet!!!! :)


    I also want to look back in ten eyars and KNOW that I am serving the Lord and to always be striving to please Him!

    And aww you two are SO CUTE!!! Adorable!

    Thanks Again Shelby!! You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelby,
    Congrats on the award and your man :). Those are great goals for the next ten years. Blessing in your endeavors!
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Great answers! Congrats on your official status! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I have been out of town, sorry I am just now catching up!!!! Thank you so much, this makes me so happy!!!!!

    xx,

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete