Friday, September 17, 2010

I Am Not A Fish....Among Other Things :)

I am sure many of you have heard the analogy/fact that a fish only grows as large as its surroundings can accommodate for. Meaning that a fish stops growing once he has "grown into" his bowl or pond, wherever.

I am struggling with not being content in my surroundings. I feel as if I have outgrown them. I am at a small school in a small town, and feel like I am outside of the rest of/real world looking in.

As I continue to apply to physical therapy schools I continue to crave a bigger "pond." My outlook has been broadened. I don't want to go back, but I don't want to be left out of the present either.

I play soccer for the school and the majority of the team has the "soccer is life" mentality. It has been difficult for me, because, I have seen and continue to realize more that soccer is a minute detail in the grand scheme of life. While I always give 100 percent on the field, however, I am getting tired of being obligated to take everything SO overly serious!

Anyways, I don't like all of this not fitting in, but I don't at all right now. It takes everything in me not to criticize things (esp with soccer) and be content in my circumstances. It is difficult to focus on the Lord's purpose for me in this place at this time, when my next chapter is so close to starting.

I don't know, finishing up is a completely exciting time, I am taking all of the opportunities I can, but it is also a very lonely time, because there are very few people who I can really truly and openly relate to.

Anyways, at a successful attempt to distract myself from applications, I decided to share with you some of my favorite things about the letter "R" lately :)
  1. running
  2. ric rac (cute and easy apron how to here)
  3. rowing
  4. riding boots
  5. rainbows
  6. roses
  7. road trips
  8. ray ban
  9. ralph lauren
I am going to do my best to keep up with the alphabet, but as deadlines approach, free time becomes sparse, which in turn means blogging may have to become even more seldom for a time.

Have no fear, I am still here, loving the Lord, and living life, just with fewer updates :)

2 comments:

  1. Here's an "R" that fits your current state of mind: Reflection

    It's good to assess where you are and where you want to be. Trust your instincts and your heart and you'll never go wrong.

    Best wishes!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the Lord leads you through life you will see that every place He takes you is so important!! The parts that we dont love the most sometimes can be very important pieces later on!! I am learning to trust also and I am sure I will be learning that until the day I go to be with Him!! Know that I am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete