Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Let's keep things in perspective!


Spring break was awesome and beautiful and SO relaxing! We spent half of the week at Kaitlyn's house just between Cocoa Beach and Merritt Island. It was great to go to all of her favorite places and get to know her family a little bit, while enjoying laying and playing in the sun! Thursday morning Middle and I drove up to St. Augustine to visit my grandparents for a few days. They are so funny and we loved every minute of our time with them!


It was a perfect break , unfortunately that has made for a tough transition back into normal life. Monday started with a very late night and the week has not seemed to let up yet! In addition to overwhelming classes, last minute obligatory commitments, and ugly weather, on my way out the door earlier I knocked my retainer off the counter and stepped on it. While this seems like a trivial mistake, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

However, after I somewhat fell apart I was reminded of this awesome quote by Edward Everett Hale:

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.

Today that quote meant to stop whining about the things that are out of my control and take charge! So here are a few things that I do to make my down moments not seem so low:

  • listen to encouraging music. I love Hillsong United because the words and music make you want to go conquer the world or something!
  • drink lots of water! When you are hydrated you have more energy, look better, and focus more easily
  • eat a low calorie snack. I always feel better after I sit and just eat. My snack of choice is cucumbers with salsa, I can eat all I want and not feel guilty or gross after!
  • grind and eat some flax seed. Flax seed is a great source of fiber and helps to level out hormones.
  • go tanning. I know, this can be so bad for you but with improvements that have been made since most of the bad news studies have come out could make a huge difference.
  • get organized. When i have a list detailing what I need to do by when, the small tasks do not seem as daunting as when I look at all that needs to be done as a whole.
  • put things in perspective. I know that the Lord is in control over all things and I don't need to worry because what is meant to get done will.
As of right now, I have fixed a tasty and healthy comfort food vegetarian stew and am studying fine arts with a nice hot cup of tazo zen tea!
Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment