Thursday, April 8, 2010

Where Would We Be Without Mod Podge?

I just came across this blog that completely opened my eyes to the magic of mod podge. Up until now my mod podge experience has not gone further than decoupaging with magazines and tissue paper. Here are some of really cool ideas that I have come across!

Some of my favorites are:


I love the gift idea of tile coasters! Photo compliments of Kristy who has a great coaster making tutorial on her blog Light Refreshmens Served



Who ever thought to mod podge shoes? I would love to try it! Ashley has a great tutorial on her blog Make It and Love It! I love how she uses just the five dollar wal-mart ballet flats to make such a cute custom patterned shoe!



I think I like this tile frame so much because they would be so much fun to make with friends for a craft night or a cute personal gift. Photo and tutorial can be found on Miss Fancy Pants blog!



I love this step stool idea! What a simple way to add fun to such a functional item! I especially love the color and fabric Amy used! The tutorial can be found on Amy's blog that inspired this entire post, Mod Podge Rocks.



How about a switchplate cover? :) I fell in love with this idea when I saw the awesome results on Donna's blog, My Sweetest Things, where the above photo is from. She uses so many different mediums with great results! Another tutorial to check out is this one using fabric to cover the plates with.

It was hard for me to narrow the focus down to feature only six crafts. I couldn't bring myself not to give mention to a few more very very creative and cute ideas! I hope you check a few more of these out!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the link! I love Mod Podge! I have been using it for projects for years. Have fun with it! I love your blog! So colorful and I will be popping in often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH for posting about my blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete