Wednesday, April 7, 2010

He is Risen!

Easter break was awesome and very productive!

It began with a dress hunt, which ended successfully! I ended up buying the first dress I tried on, only after spending four hours searching around! It has always been difficult to find a dress that works well on my frame. One thing I learned is that I need to avoid strapless dresses. As a petite, strapless dresses make the body look shorter making them universally less flattering than other cut dresses. I love the back of this one especially! :)

That was a HUGE relief. Not having a dress was one of those things that was hanging over my head and stressing me, but I didn't realize I was stressing about it until the search was over.

My family then spent the rest of the weekend at a lodge we rent with a few other families in the North Carolina mountains. It was so beautiful and relaxing. We hiked, played on an obstacle course, and completed some low ropes course activities. It was great to be with such an encouraging group where I could be completely relaxed and enjoy the weekend to its fullest! We do an Easter egg hunt every year, however, this year none of the little ones came. SO, this year, for the sake of tradition, there were about 12-15 14-22 year olds searching for eggs. We laughed so hard, I think it was our best egg hunt yet :) I loved getting to live like a little kid again this weekend. It was awesome being surrounded by the people I love for a weekend of praising the Lord! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment