Thursday, May 27, 2010

The One About Screen On The Green

There are so many things I love about summer in Atlanta. There are so many awesome things to do and places to go. Piedmont Park is one of my favorite places to go, I love day dates there! There are tons of playing fields and great picnic locations. I love being goofy and roller blade-ing around the park, I think they even rent them out :P

Anyways, for a month or so of the summer there is Screen on the Green and it is so much fun! It is one of those things that no one has an excuse not to come to because its cheap (free), after work, and at a pretty central location. People pack picnics and groups of all ages come out for it.

Photo is from Piedmont Events. The article reports that in 2007 crowds were around 20,000+ per showing!

The line-up for this summer is:
  • May 27 - National Treasure
  • June 3 - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • June 10 - Dreamgirls
  • June 17 - Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
  • June 24- Viewer's Choice: Jurassic Park
The best movies are the ones I have already seen because usually it is hard to hear or I get talking for 3/4 of the movie and just sit still to watch my favorite parts and ending. :P

I love it and the first one is tonight! Dinner at Moe's and then walking to the park.

National Treasure, oh yes, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment